Andrea Ippolito is a Lecturer in the Engineering Management Program at Cornell University as well as the founder and Director of Women Entrepreneurs Cornell (W.E. Cornell). Additionally, Andrea is currently the CEO and Founder of SimpliFed, a company supporting every family on the baby feeding journey. Prior to joining Cornell, she served as the Director of the Department of Veterans Affairs Innovators Network within the VA Center for Innovation. Ms. Ippolito completed her M.S. in Engineering and Management at MIT. Prior to MIT, she worked as a research scientist within the Corporate Technology Development group at Boston Scientific. Ms. Ippolito obtained both her B.S. in Biological Engineering in 2006 and Master’s of Engineering in Biomedical Engineering in 2007 from Cornell University.
Products can only be successful if they address the real needs of customers. Product managers must lead a team effort to research customer needs and propose products that address those opportunities in innovative ways.
This course will guide you through the steps that effective product managers take to propose a product, research the market, begin work on a product roadmap, and identify and analyze specific needs that will inform the design process. You will explore the importance of user stories and develop personas that represent your potential customers.
You are required to have completed the following courses or have equivalent experience before taking this course:
- Preparing for Success as a Product Manager
- Managing Product Teams
Key Course Takeaways
- Prepare to launch a development project by determining a rationale, selecting a product, and drafting a product roadmap
- Prepare to conduct customer discovery, synthesize the results, and validate the identified needs
- Develop personas and user stories using a variety of tools
- Develop principles and values that will guide and differentiate your product
How It Works
Who Should Enroll
- Product managers and aspiring product managers
- Tech leaders
- Product marketing managers
- Software developers
- UX and web design professionals
- Project managers