Marketing is more than just an advertisement; it is the intersection of numerous decisions that allow a product or service to exist in the world and be purchasable.
Whether an organization plans to serve individual consumers or other businesses, they need a plan for how they are going to discover, keep, and grow their customer base. In this course, you will be introduced to a systematic way of thinking about marketing all products and services. You'll discover how to define your target market, how to focus on their needs and wants by providing the right kinds of value, and how to attract them (and retain them) as customers. A three-part course project to create a strategic marketing brief will give you practice in performing all of the valuable activities that enable you to discover, target, reach, acquire, and retain your customer base.
You are required to have completed the following course or have equivalent experience before taking this course:
- Finance and Accounting Principles
Key Course Takeaways
- Identify target markets and customer segments
- Develop a marketing mix to reach the right target market
- Develop a plan to both acquire and retain customers
Download a BrochureNot ready to enroll but want to learn more? Download the course brochure to review program details.
How It Works
Who Should Enroll
- Individual contributors interested in transitioning to leadership
- New managers
- Professionals who need to fill gaps in business fundamentals
- Professionals with work experience but no formal business training
- Professionals transitioning into roles within a corporate environment
- Small business owners and entrepreneurs
cornell's Top Minds