Rob Kwortnik, Associate Professor of Services Marketing, joined Cornell’s faculty after earning his Ph.D. in Business Administration from Temple University in 2003. He also earned a B.A. in Journalism from Temple and an MBA from California State University, Northridge. Professor Kwortnik’s research focuses on consumer behavior in service contexts, with special attention to service experience management. He has published in the Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Service Research, The International Journal of Research in Marketing, and the Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, among others. He has been honored eight times as a Teacher of the Year by students at the School of Hotel Administration. Prior to his career in academics, Professor Kwortnik held several professional positions in marketing and was a travel industry consultant. He is a recognized expert on the leisure cruise industry.
Services Marketing Planning
and ManagementCornell Course
and ManagementCornell Course
Services Marketing Planning and Management ()Tell me more!
Services marketing is often viewed in terms of outcomes, but services marketing is also an ongoing analytic process. In this course, you will learn how to properly analyze frameworks, tools, channels, data sets, customer behavioral data, decision-making factors, and strategies that support broader marketing decisions.
Authored by Robert Kwortnik from Cornell University's School of Hotel Administration, this course will teach you how to review the way marketing works in your organization and how to create and apply a services marketing process.
Key Course Takeaways
- Assess the role of marketing in your organization
- Determine how your organization uses the services marketing process
- Explain how your organization succeeds in the marketplace
- Identify how your organization can best counter the challenges associated with marketing for services
- Focus on the customer's experience as the core of the service brand
How It Works
5-7 hours per week
100% online, instructor-led
Cornell's Nolan School of Hotel Administration
Associate Professor, Nolan School of Hotel Administration, Cornell SC Johnson College of Business
Who Should Enroll
- Services marketing and operations professionals
- Industry professionals interested in learning to gather and analyze services marketing data and develop a services marketing communications campaign
- Services marketing managers and professionals who interact with customers and market data
- Product marketing professionals transitioning into a marketing role in service-centric firms
Get It Done
Our programs are expressly designed to fit the lives of busy professionals like you.
cornell's Top Minds
Courses are personally developed by faculty experts to help you gain today's most in-demand skills.
Cornell's internationally recognized standard of excellence can set you apart.
Request Information Now by completing the form below.
Act today—courses are filling fast.