M. Elizabeth Karns is a lawyer and epidemiologist. Her teaching is directly connected to her practice, which has focused on statistical evidence, occupational illnesses, assault and harassment injuries, and reproductive harms. Professor Karns has been involved in every aspect of the data life cycle, from initial design to post-event forensic evaluations. Her work on data science ethics brings together professional practice norms, individual values, and organizational goals. Professor Karns is currently developing a virtual reality experience based on the unintended consequences of automated fraud detection.
Choosing the most appropriate statistical test to answer your research questions will affect every aspect of your report. This course will focus on identifying the right test for your question. You will explore the relationship between the data set and the results obtained through statistical tests. You will practice writing a memo to your data analyst specifying the appropriate statistical test to answer your question. In selecting your testing methods, you will also consider the ethical implications of the test results.
You are required to have completed the following courses or have equivalent experience before taking this course:
- Interpreting and Communicating Data
- Using Statistical Test to Make Decisions
Key Course Takeaways
- Identify the issue and variables which could answer the question
- Select the appropriate statistical test to give valid results
- Communicate statistical test needs to data analysts
- Evaluate the summary measure and statistical test, and consider the limits and ethical implications of results
Download a BrochureNot ready to enroll but want to learn more? Download the course brochure to review program details.
How It Works
Who Should Enroll
- Professionals in any industry who need to communicate and interpret data
- Business managers utilizing analytics or benchmarking and comparison
- Professionals from any business function
- Government workers engaged in policy analysis
- Healthcare professionals