Received all degrees from Rutgers University. Arrived at Cornell in 1968 as Post-Doctoral Fellow for two years before becoming an Assistant Professor. I have been a full professor since 1986.Throughout my professional life I have been studying the control of food intake and regulation of body weight. I love both teaching and research.
This course will teach you how the digestive system works to extract critical nutrients from food, how we incorporate those nutrients into our body, and how the autonomic nervous system facilitates these processes. You will also learn how bacteria from the environment may affect our digestive processes and why consuming foods containing specific nutrients can minimize some illnesses that occur with normal living.
Key Course Takeaways
- Explain the integrations and operations of the nervous system
- Identify differences between the sympathetic and parasympathetic systems
- Describe the coordination and functionality of the body
- Deduce how certain organs react to problems in the body
- Describe the process through which nutrients, carbohydrates, and proteins are absorbed into the body
- Understand the role gastrointestinal hormones play in digestion
- Explain how different digestive medications operate on the body
Fill out the form below to download program information and connect
Download a BrochureNot ready to enroll but want to learn more? Download the course brochure to review program details.
How It Works
3-5 hours per week
100% online, instructor-led
Who Should Enroll
- Nutrition, health, and wellness professionals looking to gain a stronger understanding of the science of nutrition
- Fitness and sports professionals, including personal trainers and athletic coaches
- Anyone interested in personal wellness and living a healthier life
- Anyone interested in nutrition, weight loss, diet, and exercise