Yousoon Baek, Ph.D., is a lecturer in the School of Integrative Plant Science at Cornell University. Yousoon’s expertise focuses primarily around hemp production and processing. With a comprehensive background in plant sciences encompassing physiology, genetics, and molecular biology, her particular interest lies in plant reproduction. She actively collaborates with faculties at Cornell University to develop courses, integrating their pioneering research in hemp sciences to enhance the course content and provide students with the latest advancement in the field.
Indoor hemp cultivation requires careful consideration of various environmental factors. By controlling and monitoring these environmental factors, indoor hemp growers can create a suitable growing environment that helps them achieve their agricultural goals and produce high-quality hemp products.
In this course, you will examine indoor cultivation factors and best practices depending on your agricultural goals; this includes different growing media, light and temperature, and other potential manipulation factors. The aim of controlled environment growth is to achieve specific agricultural goals, such as increased yields, improved plant health, and higher-quality hemp products.
You are required to have completed the following courses or have equivalent experience before taking this course:
- Hemp Biology
- Hemp Propagation
Key Course Takeaways
- Assess environmental factors (light, soil type, and humidity) for indoor hemp growth
- Identify the best type of soil or soiless application and the appropriate concentration of nutrients for your growth goals
- Determine the appropriate intensity of light and temperature for your growth goals and how products can be impacted by different light settings
How It Works
Who Should Enroll
- Horticulturists and agronomists
- Plant, seed, and greenhouse technicians
- Seed purveyors
- Plant breeders and breeding companies
- CBD product developers
- Agriculture regulators
- Entrepreneurs and business developers
- Supply chain managers
- IP lawyers