Donna L. Haeger is a Professor of Practice in the Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management at Cornell University. She teaches introductory and advanced spreadsheet modeling courses for applied decision making. These courses leverage Microsoft Excel as a business analytics tool. Prior to teaching at Cornell, Dr. Haeger taught courses in management theory, organizational behavior, and marketing. With over 20 years in industry, her corporate experience includes work in investments, banking, and corporate finance. Dr. Haeger is the business analytics concentration coordinator and chaired the task force responsible for launching the concentration. Her research interests are at the intersection of organizational behavior and digitization. Dr. Haeger explores technology in the workplace, leadership, teams, and management. Her contributions relate to influence and intergenerational exchanges in an effort to blend human systems. Dr. Haeger presents her research at the Academy of Management and other leadership associations. She also enjoys mentoring students interested in undergraduate research, especially when the products serve to better communities. Dr. Haeger currently sits on the board of directors for Consumer Credit Counseling Services of Rochester, which specializes in spreading financial literacy to communities.
Using Prescriptive Analytics
in ExcelCornell Course
in ExcelCornell Course
Using Prescriptive Analytics in Excel ()Tell me more!
Most decisions are made based on the desire to find the best way to do something. Solving complex business problems related to organizational goals can be a challenge. The ability to do this can be maximized with a little preparation and the power of Excel. When you use data in your analysis to prescribe what should happen next, you're performing prescriptive analytics. With this knowledge, you can build models and generate results that maximize outcomes by actually suggesting a course of action. In this course you will gain the skills needed to execute efficient and effective decisions backed by your data analysis.
You are required to have completed the following course or have equivalent experience before taking this course:
- Getting Started with Spreadsheet Modeling and Business Analytics
Key Course Takeaways
- Perform prescriptive modeling using Solver
- Apply methods of prescriptive modeling and analysis
- Leverage data to make strategic decisions
Fill out the form below to download program information and connect
Download a BrochureNot ready to enroll but want to learn more? Download the course brochure to review program details.
How It Works
3-5 hours per week
100% online, instructor-led
Professor of Practice
Cornell Dyson School
Professor of Practice, Cornell Dyson School
Who Should Enroll
- Anyone who manages functional or financial data to inform business decisions
- Managers and executives responsible for resource allocation and reporting
- Analysts interested in developing a business management mindset to make their analyses and data visualizations more meaningful to stakeholders
- New analysts or people interested in moving into an analyst role
- Individuals and entrepreneurs who need to visualize data or want a refresher on using a modern version of Excel
- People in office support roles, administrative and executive assistants
- People providing support at any level
Get It Done
Our programs are expressly designed to fit the lives of busy professionals like you.
cornell's Top Minds
Courses are personally developed by faculty experts to help you gain today's most in-demand skills.
Cornell's internationally recognized standard of excellence can set you apart.
Stack To A Certificate
Request Information Now by completing the form below.
Act today—courses are filling fast.