Andrea Ippolito is a Lecturer in the Engineering Management Program at Cornell University as well as the founder and Director of Women Entrepreneurs Cornell (W.E. Cornell). Additionally, Andrea is currently the CEO and Founder of SimpliFed, a company supporting every family on the baby feeding journey. Prior to joining Cornell, she served as the Director of the Department of Veterans Affairs Innovators Network within the VA Center for Innovation. Ms. Ippolito completed her M.S. in Engineering and Management at MIT. Prior to MIT, she worked as a research scientist within the Corporate Technology Development group at Boston Scientific. Ms. Ippolito obtained both her B.S. in Biological Engineering in 2006 and Master’s of Engineering in Biomedical Engineering in 2007 from Cornell University.
An enterprise with an innovation culture doesn't just happen. You must plan for both financial success and cultural change. There are several types of and approaches to innovation. How do you create an innovation strategy for your enterprise?
In this course, you will begin to create a roadmap called the innovation placemat. You will identify your organization's goals and align your innovation strategy to it. You will cultivate an executive champion and set SMART goals for your new product, service, or technology. You will identify risks and barriers to deployment and create mitigation plans to overcome them. Along the way, you will hear case studies of organizations large and small, private and government, established and startup, and in many domains who have successfully established an innovation strategy with sustainable positive effects on their bottom lines.
Key Course Takeaways
- Define what innovation means for your organization
- Identify company strategic goals, executive champions, and metrics for a successful innovation strategy
- Identify customer/end user needs
- Identify challenges to and create a vision for your innovation strategy
- Create an innovation placemat for your organization, along with the accompanying communication tools such as a pitch/presentation deck
How It Works
Who Should Enroll
- Entry-level to executive leaders
- Product managers
- MBA students
- Data scientists and analysts
- Entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs