Crystal Clarity is an artist, illustrator, printmaker, art director, dream weaver, and visual strategist for movement moments. She brings more than 15 years of experience directing community mural projects across New York City and beyond. She has mentored hundreds of young people through the rich history and tradition of community mural process from concept to finish and given them the skills and techniques to use art as a tool in activism, organizing, and mobilizing. In 2020, she launched Medicine Walls, a mural art and creative consulting project, to partner with organizers to use public space to promote social transformations like defunding the police and to help folx visualize positive outcomes.
What You'll Learn
- Ways in which environmental art can raise awareness and help promote conservation and health
- How artists draw inspiration from what is happening in the world around them
- How artists make their mark in the world and encourage others to do the same
- The importance of tackling tough subjects from all angles and in different media
- How artists engage audiences to view and participate in making art as an activist practice
Kadie Salfi is a mixed media representational artist living in Ithaca, NY. Her art focuses on environmental and political subjects. From gun violence in America to poaching animals illegally for body parts, Kadie helps the viewer see tough subjects from a few perspectives. Stating facts and without pointing blame, she is hoping that the art will inspire self-reflection and dialogue, leading to greater consciousness about these urgent and topical subjects. Kadie has exhibited her work nationally and internationally in galleries and art spaces including A.I.R. in Brooklyn, NY; Mark Wolfe Contemporary Art in San Francisco, CA; BCA Center in Burlington, VT; and Druckwerkstatt Gallery in Berlin, Germany. Her work has been discussed in Of Note magazine, Cornell Daily Sun, Chapter89 magazine, The Wall Street Journal, and Artscope.
View Keynote by completing the form below.
Add to Calendar 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM EDT