Dr. Nadine Fiani is a Clinical Associate Professor of Dentistry and Oral Surgery at the College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University. She successfully met the American Veterinary Dental College requirements and became a Diplomate of the AVDC in 2013. During her residency at the University of California, Davis, Dr. Fiani gained extensive training and expertise in all aspects of dentistry, such as periodontics, endodontics, orthodontics, and prosthodontics. Specifically, her training in oral and maxillofacial surgery includes maxillofacial reconstruction using AO and minimally invasive approaches, as well as oncologic and regenerative surgeries.
Key Course Takeaways
- Position themselves and their patients in an efficient and safe manner during dentistry procedures
Use correct nomenclature as it pertains to the oral cavity and dentition
Identify and utilize important tools for dental and periodontal assessment
Systematically assess and record (chart) clinically relevant oral findings in a repeatable and efficient manner
How It Works
Dr. Santiago Peralta is an Associate Professor of Dentistry and Oral Surgery at Cornell University. He is board-certified by the American Veterinary Dental College. Dr. Peralta obtained his DVM from Universidad de la Salle in Colombia and did residency training in dentistry and oral surgery at the University of California, Davis. He spent two years in clinical referral practice in Colombia prior to becoming a faculty member at Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine. Dr. Peralta is a Founding Fellow in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery with the AVDC.
Who Should Enroll
- Doctors of veterinary medicine who care for dogs and cats
- Veterinary technicians seeking advanced dentistry skills
- Any veterinary professional interested in cultivating their comprehension of the complex anatomy and disease processes of the oral cavity
- Veterinary students looking to deepen their knowledge of veterinary dentistry