Dr. Nadine Fiani is a Clinical Associate Professor of Dentistry and Oral Surgery at the College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University. She successfully met the American Veterinary Dental College requirements and became a Diplomate of the AVDC in 2013. During her residency at the University of California, Davis, Dr. Fiani gained extensive training and expertise in all aspects of dentistry, such as periodontics, endodontics, orthodontics, and prosthodontics. Specifically, her training in oral and maxillofacial surgery includes maxillofacial reconstruction using AO and minimally invasive approaches, as well as oncologic and regenerative surgeries.
Key Course Takeaways
- Learn the benefits of utilizing intraoral radiology in the daily clinical setting
- Navigate intraoral radiographic equipment
- Recognize normal intraoral radiographic anatomy
- Understand the principles of intraoral radiography and how to obtain diagnostic full-mouth series
- Identify and correct common radiographic mistakes
- Orient intraoral radiographs for labial mounting
- Interpret intraoral radiographs in a clinical setting
How It Works
Dr. Santiago Peralta is an Associate Professor of Dentistry and Oral Surgery at Cornell University. He is board-certified by the American Veterinary Dental College. Dr. Peralta obtained his DVM from Universidad de la Salle in Colombia and did residency training in dentistry and oral surgery at the University of California, Davis. He spent two years in clinical referral practice in Colombia prior to becoming a faculty member at Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine. Dr. Peralta is a Founding Fellow in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery with the AVDC.
Who Should Enroll
- DVMs who currently perform dentistry in their practices and would like more experience with intraoral radiology
- DVMs who wish to expand their dentistry services and elevate their level of practice
- Veterinary students who intend on going into small animal practice
- Veterinary technicians who would like to expand their knowledge of veterinary dentistry and radiography techniques