Rohit Verma (Professor, Operations, Technology, and Information Management area; School of Hotel Administration; Cornell SC Johnson College of Business) is currently on leave from Cornell University and serving as the Founding Provost/Rector (Chief Academic Officer) of VinUniversity, Hanoi, Vietnam. Prior to his current appointment, Dr. Verma was the Dean of External Relations for Cornell SC Johnson College of Business (May 2016 – June 2019), Singapore Tourism Board Distinguished Professor (January 2014 – June 2019), Executive Director of Cornell Institute for Healthy Futures (July 2015 – June 2018), and Executive Director of Cornell Center for Hospitality Research (July 2009 – June 2012).
Quality and Process Improvement for
Senior LivingCornell Course
How can you ensure your organization is providing a service that meets the expectations of both patients and guests? Are there ways your organization could improve customer satisfaction while reducing costs? In this course, you'll explore how to measure quality using standard assessment metrics and diagnose areas of concern within your organization. You'll also be introduced to frameworks for improving processes while maintaining quality at your organization.
Throughout the course, you will identify a process in need of improvement at your organization and reflect on how it could be improved. You'll access several tools to help you understand the source of a problem with a process and use those tools to assess an issue in your organization. As your course concludes, you will explore strategies for addressing quality issues and access a reusable tool to help remind you of best practices for improving a process.
Key Course Takeaways
- Assess the quality of a healthcare organization
- Use quality improvement methods to identify areas for improvement at your organization
- Apply quality management approaches to improve quality at your organization
How It Works
Who Should Enroll
- Nursing home and long-term care administrators
- Registered nurses, nurse practitioners, nursing assistants, and dieticians
- Physical therapists
- Facilities managers
- Hospitality professionals transitioning to a career in senior living
- People interested in a career in senior living
- Facilities developers and planners