Received all degrees from Rutgers University. Arrived at Cornell in 1968 as Post-Doctoral Fellow for two years before becoming an Assistant Professor. I have been a full professor since 1986.Throughout my professional life I have been studying the control of food intake and regulation of body weight. I love both teaching and research.
Energy Expenditure and Theories
of EatingCornell Course
of EatingCornell Course
Energy Expenditure and Theories of Eating ()Tell me more!
The rise in chronic diseases linked to obesity is one of the most important public health issues facing our society today. From diabetes and heart disease to certain kinds of cancers and breathing disorders, such conditions lead to costly lifelong management and suffering. In this course, you will learn why obesity is on the rise, the underlying metabolic causes of weight gain, and how to correctly measure energy intake and expenditure in order to compare the effects of each on weight loss. You also will build your understanding of how biological and environmental factors determine body weight, as well as the amount of food we eat daily.
Key Course Takeaways
- Understand how the caloric value of food is measured
- Understand how body composition is measured
- Describe the relationship between salt and hypertension
- Learn which biological and environmental factors determine someone's body weight
- Identify major determinants of the amount that we eat on a daily basis
How It Works
3-5 hours per week
100% online, instructor-led
Cornell Division of Nutritional Sciences
Professor of Nutrition and Psychology, Cornell Division of Nutritional Sciences
Who Should Enroll
- Nutrition, health, and wellness professionals looking to gain a stronger understanding of the science of nutrition
- Fitness and sports professionals, including personal trainers and athletic coaches
- Anyone interested in personal wellness and living a healthier life
- Anyone interested in nutrition, weight loss, diet, and exercise
Get It Done
Our programs are expressly designed to fit the lives of busy professionals like you.
cornell's Top Minds
Courses are personally developed by faculty experts to help you gain today's most in-demand skills.
Cornell's internationally recognized standard of excellence can set you apart.
Stack To A Certificate
Request Information Now by completing the form below.
Act today—courses are filling fast.