Professor Manoj Thomas is a behavioral scientist who trains business executives to be customer-centric leaders and encourages them to build meaningful and purposeful connections with customers. Thomas has received the Apple Award and the Stephen Russell Family Teaching Award for excellence in teaching. Thomas is an expert on the psychology of price evaluations. He also studies how moral intuitions and political identity influence consumer behavior. His research has been published in marketing and psychology journals. He is the co-author of the book Why People (Don’t) Buy: GO and STOP signals. He is an associate editor for the Journal of Marketing Research and the Journal of Consumer Research.
You've likely wondered whether your brand connects effectively with your customers. You may also be aware of the power that a brand has to shape what people think about a product or a company.
In this course, you will explore strategies for how to use the three key drivers of human behavior — attention, coherence, and emotion — to shape your brand strategy. You'll then examine how several organizations used these key drivers to shape their brand messaging. You'll also discover how people evaluate brands the same way they evaluate people. Finally, you'll access a toolkit to help you develop a brand strategy.
You are required to have completed the following courses or have equivalent experience before taking this course:
- Introduction to Behavioral Science
- Drivers of Consumer Behavior: Attention, Emotion, Coherence
Key Course Takeaways
- Explore how customer perception impacts branding
- Apply the ACE (attention, emotion, and coherence) framework to your brand
- Examine where your brand falls on the warmth-competence matrix
- Develop an informed brand strategy
How It Works
Who Should Enroll
- Brand managers
- Product managers
- Engineers and software developers
- Tech leaders
- Project managers
- UX and web design professionals