Susan W. Brecher, Esq is the Director of HR Dispute Management and Resolution Certificate and Curriculum/Training Design at the Cornell ILR School’s Scheinman Institute. She is an employment practices attorney and expert in training and curriculum design for both online and classroom-based workshops. She has served as Director of Statewide Management Programs and provided oversight of EEO, Labor Relations, Human Resources, and Management Development programs. Susan has partnered with over 100 private, public, and non-profit organizations to develop and present customized training programs. She has a law degree from Case Western Reserve University.
Human resource professionals in the United States must assess and manage workplace issues relating to discrimination, harassment, retaliation, medical and family leave, and other matters dealing with treatment of employees.
This course is designed to give you a broad understanding of US laws such as Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1963, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and similar laws. The course begins with a look at basic terminology and provisions relating to equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, diversity, and inclusion. The focus then moves to legal protections for certain classes of individuals before addressing issues relating to disability, religion, harassment, and retaliation.
Key Course Takeaways
- Assess the relationship between EEOC/affirmative action compliance requirements and diversity and inclusion
- Recognize and prepare to manage workplace situations relating to potential legal issues of discrimination based on race, sex, national origin, religion, disability and age
- Recognize and prepare to manage workplace situations relating to disability, harassment, and retaliation
How It Works
Who Should Enroll
- HR managers and executives in any industry
- HR professionals seeking to develop an area of specialization
- HR leaders expanding into the global market
- Legal professionals
- Global HR leaders