Symposium sessions feature three days of live, highly interactive virtual Zoom sessions that will explore today's most pressing topics. The Hospitality Symposium offers you a unique opportunity to engage in real-time conversations with peers and experts from the Cornell community and beyond. Using the context of your own experiences, you will take part in reflections and small-group discussions to build on the skills and knowledge you have gained from your courses.
Join us for the next Symposium this February, in which we'll discuss how both day-to-day operations and strategic goal setting in the hospitality sector have rapidly evolved over the past two years, opening up new space for real-time conversations about the future of the industry. You will support your coursework by applying your knowledge and experiences to topics including the future of hospitality labor, price discrimination and psychographic segmentation, and evolving consumer trends in the food and beverage industry. Throughout this Symposium, you will examine the innovations and accommodations you have all had to make throughout the COVID-19 pandemic and strategize on future directions. By participating in relevant and engaging discussions, you will discover a variety of perspectives and build connections with your fellow participants from across the industry.
Upcoming Symposium: February 21-23, 2022, from 1:00-3:00pm EST
All sessions are held on Zoom
- Monday, February 21: The Future of Hospitality Work led by Dr. Bruce Tracey
- Tuesday, February 22: Price Discrimination and Psychographic Segmentation led by Professional Facilitators
- Wednesday, February 23: Future Food Trends led by Dr. Lilly Jan
The date is subject to change. You may participate in as many sessions as you wish. Attending Symposium sessions is not required to successfully complete the certificate program. Once enrolled in your courses, you will receive information about upcoming events. Accessibility accommodations will be available upon request. For future reference, download our Symposium course flyer.
- Gain strategies for responding to labor challenges and building a sustainable team
- Assess the state of the food and beverage industry in a changing marketplace
- Engage with your cohort of hospitality leaders