Rob Kwortnik, Associate Professor of Services Marketing, joined Cornell’s faculty after earning his Ph.D. in Business Administration from Temple University in 2003. He also earned a B.A. in Journalism from Temple and an MBA from California State University, Northridge. Professor Kwortnik’s research focuses on consumer behavior in service contexts, with special attention to service experience management. He has published in the Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Service Research, The International Journal of Research in Marketing, and the Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, among others. He has been honored eight times as a Teacher of the Year by students at the School of Hotel Administration. Prior to his career in academics, Professor Kwortnik held several professional positions in marketing and was a travel industry consultant. He is a recognized expert on the leisure cruise industry.
Building a Resilient Services Marketing
Information SystemCornell Course
Your services marketing efforts depend on information. Without relevant and accurate information, every decision you make will suffer from bad input.
A well-run marketing information system captures, organizes, analyzes, and interprets data from a wide variety of sources to create a robust portrait of the ideal customers and their specific wants or needs. With the ideal buyer in mind, you can better target them with high-impact messaging that communicates a compelling brand promise and a clear reason to buy.
In this course, you will learn when to use internal or external market data and when to conduct your own primary research. You'll also discover how segmentation, targeting, and positioning (the STP process) translates your analysis and research findings into a positioning strategy that appeals to the right target market at the right time and at the right price.
Key Course Takeaways
- Identify the components of a services marketing information system
- Conduct services marketing research
- Segment your market, target your customers, and position your service
How It Works
Who Should Enroll
- Services marketing and operations professionals
- Industry professionals interested in learning to gather and analyze services marketing data and develop a services marketing communications campaign
- Services marketing managers and professionals who interact with customers and market data
- Product marketing professionals transitioning into a marketing role in service-centric firms