Andrea Ippolito is a Lecturer in the Engineering Management Program at Cornell University as well as the founder and Director of Women Entrepreneurs Cornell (W.E. Cornell). Prior to joining Cornell, she served as the Director of the Department of Veterans Affairs Innovators Network within the VA Center for Innovation. Ms. Ippolito completed her M.S. in Engineering and Management at MIT. Prior to MIT, she worked as a research scientist within the Corporate Technology Development group at Boston Scientific. Ms. Ippolito obtained both her B.S. in Biological Engineering in 2006 and Master’s of Engineering in Biomedical Engineering in 2007 from Cornell University.
So far you have created an innovation strategy and established a vision, SMART goals, and outcome measures. You've identified competencies such as lean startup, makerspace, and design thinking, and selected tools to build an innovation culture. Now you will learn how to implement your strategy. After you map key internal stakeholders, you will devise a campaign plan for your strategy and build a dedicated team. You will understand the different motivations of your innovation shop and “the performance engine” and learn to work effectively with performance engine team members. You will further build out your innovation placemat with your implementation plan, identifying policies that can enhance innovation at your organization.
Developing Innovation Strategy, Building Innovation Competencies, and Innovation Tools are required to be completed prior to starting this course.
- Identify stakeholders and develop organizational structures for your innovation strategy
- Establish processes and pathways to enable innovation within your organization
- Identify and, if possible, develop policies that could either help or hinder your innovation strategy
- Develop and leverage infrastructure and resources to support and fund your innovation strategy
How It Works
Who Should Enroll
- Entry-level to executive leaders
- Product managers
- MBA students
- Data scientists and analysts
- Entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs