Donna L. Haeger is a Professor of Practice in the Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management at Cornell University. She teaches introductory and advanced spreadsheet modeling courses for applied decision making. These courses leverage Microsoft Excel as a business analytics tool. Prior to teaching at Cornell, Dr. Haeger taught courses in management theory, organizational behavior, and marketing. With over 20 years in industry, her corporate experience includes work in investments, banking, and corporate finance. Dr. Haeger is the business analytics concentration coordinator and chaired the task force responsible for launching the concentration. Her research interests are at the intersection of organizational behavior and digitization. Dr. Haeger explores technology in the workplace, leadership, teams, and management. Her contributions relate to influence and intergenerational exchanges in an effort to blend human systems. Dr. Haeger presents her research at the Academy of Management and other leadership associations. She also enjoys mentoring students interested in undergraduate research, especially when the products serve to better communities. Dr. Haeger currently sits on the board of directors for Consumer Credit Counseling Services of Rochester, which specializes in spreading financial literacy to communities.
Organizations go to great lengths to collect data to inform business decisions. However, given the volume of data, it can become difficult to sift through and find the needed answers. In this course you will gain exposure to the challenges of working with data and learn how you can use Excel to efficiently harvest data to make business decisions. Using Excel as a tool you will be able to quickly answer business questions by applying criteria to your data using Excel's logic functions, quickly retrieve information from a large set of data, and visually enhance your data.
You are required to have completed the following course or have equivalent experience before taking this course:
- Getting Started with Spreadsheet Modeling and Business Analytics
Key Course Takeaways
- Gain exposure to the challenges of large data sets
- Use Excel to harvest data you need to make business decisions
- Visually enhance the understanding of your data
- Answer business questions by applying criteria to your data
Fill out the form below to download program information and connect
Download a BrochureNot ready to enroll but want to learn more? Download the course brochure to review program details.
How It Works
3-5 hours per week
100% online, instructor-led
Professor of Practice
Cornell Dyson School
Professor of Practice, Cornell Dyson School
Who Should Enroll
- Anyone who manages functional or financial data to inform business decisions
- Managers and executives responsible for resource allocation and reporting
- Analysts interested in developing a business management mindset to make their analyses and data visualizations more meaningful to stakeholders
- New analysts or people interested in moving into an analyst role
- Individuals and entrepreneurs who need to visualize data or want a refresher on using a modern version of Excel
- People in office support roles, administrative and executive assistants
- People providing support at any level
Get It Done
Our programs are expressly designed to fit the lives of busy professionals like you.
cornell's Top Minds
Courses are personally developed by faculty experts to help you gain today's most in-demand skills.
Cornell's internationally recognized standard of excellence can set you apart.
Stack To A Certificate
Request Information Now by completing the form below.
Act today—courses are filling fast.