Andrea Ippolito is a Lecturer in the Engineering Management Program at Cornell University as well as the founder and Director of Women Entrepreneurs Cornell (W.E. Cornell). Additionally, Andrea is currently the CEO and Founder of SimpliFed, a company supporting every family on the baby feeding journey. Prior to joining Cornell, she served as the Director of the Department of Veterans Affairs Innovators Network within the VA Center for Innovation. Ms. Ippolito completed her M.S. in Engineering and Management at MIT. Prior to MIT, she worked as a research scientist within the Corporate Technology Development group at Boston Scientific. Ms. Ippolito obtained both her B.S. in Biological Engineering in 2006 and Master’s of Engineering in Biomedical Engineering in 2007 from Cornell University.
After a product has been developed, the product manager must bring it to market and manage the product lifecycle as it evolves. The PM must work with other departments to sustain and improve the product over time and must take steps to retire the product at the right time.
This course will show you how to prepare for product launch through close coordination with key departments like marketing, operations, sales, and quality assurance. You will explore ways to build up to an effective mass product launch, and then track and manage the product in the market after launch. You will see how to work with your colleagues in other departments to ensure appropriate growth in product features as well as market viability. Finally, you will reflect on the decisions and steps needed when “sunsetting” a product at the end of its lifecycle.
You are required to have completed the following courses or have equivalent experience before taking this course:
- Preparing for Success as a Product Manager
- Managing Product Teams
- Identifying and Targeting Customer Needs
- Prioritizing for Product Roadmaps
- Designing and Developing Products
Key Course Takeaways
- Prepare for “go-live” of a product
- Explore best practices for a successful launch
- Track and manage a product in the market
- Prepare to sustain and improve a product over time
- Consider how to retire a product when the time is right
How It Works
Who Should Enroll
- Product managers and aspiring product managers
- Tech leaders
- Product marketing managers
- Software developers
- UX and web design professionals
- Project managers