Richard T. John is a general practice lawyer, consultant, and businessperson located in Ithaca, NY. Professor John is a member of the Tompkins County Legislature, chair of the Public Safety Committee, and chair of the T.C. Industrial Development Agency. He has taught as an adjunct professor at the Cornell Law School for the past several years, teaching “Functions of the General Counsel” and “Compliance Systems.” Professor John served nine years as the North American General Counsel and Vice President of Compliance at Intertek, a global product and commodity testing, inspection, and certification company.
In this course, you will examine the function of rules in your daily business operations along with the elements that make an effective rule system. As you explore the ways in which rules can protect your business processes, you'll also discover that they can make your work more efficient. In order to prepare for possible risk, you will examine how rule systems can help you identify sources of risk within your organization and serve as a tool for risk mitigation. By the end of this course, you will recognize the different elements that need to be included in a rule system and feel prepared to create your own.
Key Course Takeaways
- Recognize the general-purpose categories that lead to the development of rule systems
- Relate an organization's rule systems to the risk management functions that inform them
- Relate an organization's rule systems to the quality management and continual improvement elements that inform them
- Identify the elements of a fully developed rule system and apply their functions in a rule system within your organization
Fill out the form below to download program information and connect
Download a BrochureNot ready to enroll but want to learn more? Download the course brochure to review program details.
How It Works
3-5 hours per week
100% online, instructor-led
Who Should Enroll
- HR professionals
- Compliance officers
- Finance and accounting professionals
- Health and safety managers
- Process control professionals
- Operations professionals
- Lawyers and legal professionals