Rohit Verma (Professor, Operations, Technology, and Information Management area; School of Hotel Administration; Cornell SC Johnson College of Business) is currently on leave from Cornell University and serving as the Founding Provost/Rector (Chief Academic Officer) of VinUniversity, Hanoi, Vietnam. Prior to his current appointment, Dr. Verma was the Dean of External Relations for Cornell SC Johnson College of Business (May 2016 – June 2019), Singapore Tourism Board Distinguished Professor (January 2014 – June 2019), Executive Director of Cornell Institute for Healthy Futures (July 2015 – June 2018), and Executive Director of Cornell Center for Hospitality Research (July 2009 – June 2012).
What is process thinking? How can it help you improve your senior living facility?
In this course, you'll explore the concept of process thinking and access several reusable tools to help you evaluate, develop, and improve processes for an organization. You'll examine how to spot what's wrong in a process and explore solutions to fix those problems. You will also monitor how long a process takes at your own organization and reflect on the results of your observations. You'll examine a process flow at your organization and explore ideas for how to improve the process. You'll participate in a hands-on activity to examine how to improve the wait time of a process at your organization. Finally, you'll write a plan for how process flow can help improve decision-making at your organization.
Key Course Takeaways
- Use Excel to examine the process flow at your organization
- Explore how making a process step visible might improve your process flow
- Create an action plan to improve decision-making at your organization
Download a BrochureNot ready to enroll but want to learn more? Download the course brochure to review program details.
How It Works
Who Should Enroll
- Nursing home and long-term care administrators
- Registered nurses, nurse practitioners, nursing assistants, and dieticians
- Physical therapists
- Facilities managers
- Hospitality professionals transitioning to a career in senior living
- People interested in a career in senior living
- Facilities developers and planners