Measuring and encouraging efficiencies in different parts of an organization rely on accurately identifying and isolating the areas responsible for those efficiencies. This online course introduces you to effective techniques for setting prices for the exchange of products and services between different units in a business. The goal is to improve decision-making and to isolate each unit's responsibility for the elements of business strategy under their control.The course Managing Business Capacity with Activity-Based Costing is required to be completed prior to starting this course.
Key Course Takeaways
- Determine whether standard costing is appropriate as a basis for transfer pricing and performance evaluation
- Determine what aspects of performance were strong or weak from a variance report
- Identify whether a budget is appropriately balancing the supply and demand of production and performance
- Identify appropriate circumstances for transfer pricing and delegation
- Predict and avoid unintended consequences of different transfer pricing and delegation techniques
Download a BrochureNot ready to enroll but want to learn more? Download the course brochure to review program details.
How It Works
Who Should Enroll
People at all levels in any functional area in for-profit, not-for-profit and governmental organizations who want to be more effective in:
- Specifying organizational strategy, or implementing the strategies specified by others.
- Linking performance evaluation and incentives to organizational strategy.
- Revising strategy and operations to accomplish strategic goals at lower cost.
- Helping employees collaborate and work together across departments and functional areas, and communicate more effectively with colleagues about the goals and performance of their organization.
Accounting and finance people will also benefit enormously from this program. This series applies the work of accounting, measurement, and thinking strategically about costs and performance in every corner of an organization.