NOTE: This course is part two of a two-part series - you must simultaneously enroll in LR313: Effective Collective Bargaining Skills and Techniques to be eligible to start this course.
Continuing your learning journey from Effective Collective Bargaining Skills and Techniques, in this virtual course, you will practice how to implement your goals and objectives at the bargaining table. You will engage in a full-day collective bargaining simulation in which you will negotiate in a small group setting against experienced labor relations professionals with ample opportunity for ongoing, real-time feedback and discussion. By the time you complete this course, you will be able to engage in collective bargaining as a chief negotiator.
The virtual course consists of one 3-hour synchronous session and one 6-hour synchronous virtual collective bargaining simulation. In between sessions, participants will work in small group teams to prepare for bargaining.
This course meets on the following dates and times:
- Wed, May 19, 2021, 10:00 am - 1:00 pm ET
- Fri, May 21, 2021, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm ET
- Competitive and collaborative negotiation strategies
- How to develop a negotiating strategy that drives labor strategy How to deliver an opening statement
- How to write and present proposals and counterproposals, and probe union proposals
- Ways to guide the dynamics of the negotiating table, including managing the pace, dealing with emotions, and breaking deadlocks
- Coming to agreement
How It Works
Who Should Enroll
- Union leaders
- HR and labor relations professionals
- Managers and executives working in a union environment
- Union officials involved in collective bargaining