Symposium sessions feature three days of live, highly interactive virtual Zoom sessions to explore today's most pressing topics. The Diversity and Inclusion Symposium offers you a unique opportunity to engage in real-time conversations with peers and experts from the Cornell community and beyond. Using the context of your own experiences, you will take part in reflections and small-group discussions to build on the skills and knowledge you have gained from your courses.
Join us for the next Symposium August 17-19th. From the workplace to our homes, discussions about diversity and inclusion are necessary to become aware of our biases and promote action and change. Throughout this Symposium, you will examine and dissect key diversity and inclusion topics like psychological safety, belonging, and equity. By participating in dynamic and relevant dialogues, you will discover a variety of perspectives and create genuine connections with participants from diverse industries and backgrounds.
Upcoming Symposium: August 17-19th 2022 from 1- 3PM ET
- Wednesday, August 17: Responding to Microaggressions
- Thursday, August 18: Setting the Stage for Inclusive Behavior
- Friday, August 19: Unlocking the “E” in DEI with Professor Lisa Nishii
All sessions are held on Zoom.
You may participate in as many sessions as you wish. Attending Symposium sessions is not required to successfully complete the certificate program. Once enrolled in your courses, you will receive information about upcoming events. Accessibility accommodations will be available upon request.
Key Symposium Takeaways
- Analyze the concept of equity and explore strategies for fostering equity within your teams
- Discover best practices for creating a sense of belonging
- Connect with peers on strategies for enhancing psychological safety