This course introduces you to the different scenarios in which you will utilize built-in Python functions, classes, and data types as opposed to creating your own or using a combination of built-in and custom-built capabilities. You will gain experience working with both built-in and custom-built functions, classes, and data types. Through practice and application of these basic building blocks/tools, you will gain an in-depth understanding of how these aspects of Python interoperate to create useful programs.
It is recommended to only take this course if you have completed Constructing Expressions in Python or have equivalent experience.
- Articulate when to use a built-in Python data type or function vs. when to create something new
- Write custom Python functions
- Use basic elements of Python control flow and iteration in Python
- Dive into Python container data types
- Create new custom Python data types with classes
- Craft numerical calculations in Python
How It Works
Who Should Enroll
- Data analysts and business analysts
- Database managers
- Technical and systems analysts
- Programmers interested in data science
- Business managers